There are different causes for hair falling. Most of the women experiences lots of hair loss after delivery, and many men go bald in their middle age. Hair loss or baldness can result from heredity, underlying medical condition, or even certain medications.
Because of hormonal changes, damage or irritation some hair follicles tends to have a shorter growth phase and they produce thinner, shorter hair shafts. The hair goes through a cycle of growth and rest. The course of each cycle would vary with different individuals. However, as a general rule the growth period or phase of a scalp hair, known as anagen, classically lasts 2-3 years.
During this period, the hair grows around1 centimetre a month. Then the resting phase starts. This resting phase is known as telogen. The telogen phase lasts for around 3-4 months. When the resting phase ends, the hair strand would fall out and new one would start to grow in its place, that is, anagen (growth period) begins for this new hair strand.
In normal case most people would shed 50 to 100 hairs, in a day. We have around 100,000 hairs on our scalp, so falling off, say 100 hairs a day wouldn’t cause us to go bald. But in extreme cases, due to different factors, shedding rate starts exceeding the rate of re-growth, then it can lead to thinning of hairs, or even baldness.
With ageing, it is natural for our hairs to thin out, gradually. But is there a way that we can make this process slow; or if hair loss is not due to ageing, but other factors, can it be stopped naturally?
Yes there are different home remedies which can prove to be very beneficial, in preventing or stopping untimely hair loss. Some of them are as mentioned below:
Gooseberry and Coconut Oil
- Take some pieces of gooseberry, and boil them in pure coconut oil.
- Sieve the oil, and store the oil in a glass container.
- Apply this oil everyday on your scalp, massaging nicely with fingers in circular motion.
This is a very effective remedy against baldness or hair loss.
Coconut Oil and Lime Juice
Daily application of Coconut oil mixed with lime or lemon juice can prevent hair loss, and at the same time ease dandruff.
Black Gram and Fenugreek
- Cook the black gram and soak Fenugreek seeds for some hours.
- Now combine the two and make a paste of the mixture.
- Apply the paste from root to hair tips and after some time shampoo your hairs with a chemical free shampoo.
This won’t only stop the hair loss, but also would lengthen the hairs.
- Soak Fenugreek seeds for some hours.
- Make a paste of seeds, by adding some water.
- Oil you hair, preferably with warm coconut oil and then apply this paste to the roots of hair nicely.
- Leave it on for at least one hour, and then wash.
- Repeat this process for a minimum of one month.
This is an extremely effective remedy against the hair loss.
- Take a piece of Licorice. Grind them into paste with milk, and also add a pinch of saffron.
- Applying this paste daily stimulates the hair growth.
- Take the powder of Shana Seeds and mix it with a few drops of essential oil. You can use Sesame oil or coconut oil.
- Regularly apply this paste to the scalp.
This is another very effective remedy against the hair loss.
We spend so much money for buying chemicals that shows us the false hope of stopping our ageing process or do something wonderful to our body and hairs; but as a matter of fact, these all are toxic to our bodies.
All the remedies are available in our kitchen, whether you need natural skin tightening remedies, or remedies against hair loss. They are not only cost effective, but natural and hence harmless.