Hair is the natural adornment of both men and women only if it is healthy, shiny and strong.
Are there any treatments to get beautiful, healthy hair at home? Please check our quick & easy homemade masks, compresses, shampoos, conditioners.
Great home remedies for damaged & dry hair that are also super affordable. Here they are.
Strong & Shiny
Hair strenghtening treatment for shiny hair.
- A glass of lemon juice
- A glass of distilled water
- Mix the ingredients and wash your hair in the mixture, after washing it with a shampoo first.
Shiny & Soft
Hair softening treatment for shiny hair. While treatment you should ignore the smell which will stop when the hair dry.
- one glass of water
- three glasses of beer
- Mix the ingredients and rinse your hair with it after washing.
Milk Lotion Hair Treatment for Dry & Brittle Hair
- Mix warm fat milk (or cream) with honey.
- Put a few spoonfuls of fat milk and honey mixture onto washed hair.
- After 15 minutes, rinse your hair through with warm water.
You should repeat the treatment once a week to to fix dry and brittle locks.
Hair Strenghtening Masks and Compresses for Damaged Hair
Home treatment to strenghten weak hair.
- 1/3 of plant oil
- one teaspoonful of chamomile
- nettle leaves
- birch leaves
- one spoonful of honey
- one spoonful of lemon juice
- 2-3 drops of rosemary oil
How to prepare hair compress:
- 1/3 of oil heat a little, then put into it a teaspoon of chamomile, birch leaves and nettle and leave this all for 30 minutes.
- Strain it out.
- Add yolk, a teaspoon of honey and another of lemon juice and 2-3 drops of rosemary oil.
How to use hair compress:
- Rub this mixture into damp hair. You may wrap them with some plastic foil and a towel.
If you keep your hair warm, it will improve the nourishing result of treatment.
Oil and Lemon Compress
- Mix one spoonful of warm castor oil with some lemon juice.
- Rub this mixture into your scalp and comb your hair to spread the mixture evenly.
- Put a plastic foil on your head and then wrap it with towel wetted in hot water.
- When the towel gets cool, wet it again.
- Wash your hair well after 20-30 minutes.
- Beat the white of one egg stiff and then mix this with the yellow part of an egg.
- Put the mixture onto damp hair and massage it into the scalp.
- Wrap your head in the plastic foil and a towel.
- Rinse your locks after 20-30 minutes.
Oil and Yolk Mask
- Mix one teaspoon of olive oil with 3 drops of vitamin A and a yolk.
- Put this mask on your locks and wrap your head in the plastic foil and a towel.
- Rinse your hair after 20-30 minutes with water with some lemon juice.
- To get the best results you should use it every two weeks.
Fragile & Dry Hair
Here is an easy solution to fix fragile hair, this treatment is made of two ingredients and it takes seconds to prepare.
- 1/4 glass of beer
- one egg
- Mix the ingredients.
- Spread out the mixture on washed hair.
- Rinse it after 15 minutes.
Mild Herbal Shampoo
- Mix two spoonfuls of baby shampoo with some strong herbal infusion.
- Prepare the infusion with a handful of fresh herbs, a spoonful of dried herbs and 150 ml of boiling water.
To prepare infusion for different hair types use correspondingly:
- for dark hair: the sage leaves,
- for greasy hair: yarrow,
- for fair hair: marigold flowers,
- for dandruff: the mixture of nettle leaves and burdock roots.
To have a perfect hair treatment you should add one yolk and one spoonful of powdered gelatine and mix this all together and then heat.
- Wash one aloe leaf and mix together with a half of warm boiled water.
- Add one spoonful of honey and mix.
- Rub this substance into your damp hair and scalp.
- As usually, wrap your head in the plastic foil and a towel.
- Wash your hair after 20-30 minutes.
Repeat the treatment once a week for the following two or three months.
Herbal Lotions: Fair, Dark and Weak Hair
Not only washing one’s hair regularly but also using herbal lotions is essential if you want to take care of your hair properly. For herbal lotions you may use such herbs as burdock roots, soap-wort, oak bark, calamus root-stock, horsetail or nettle, chamomile, thyme, and walnut-tree leaves (for darkening hair).
These herbs and plants should be prepared as a concentrate, i.e.: take 2 spoonfuls of herbs for one glass of water. Roots and bark should be boiled for a short time and horsetail herb for more than half an hour.
- Fair hair lotion: 4 parts of chamomile flowers, 4 parts of marigold, 2 parts of thin orange peel and 2 parts of elderflowers.
- Dark hair lotion: 3 parts of sage leaves, 3 parts of hamamelidales, 3 parts of rosemary leaves, and 2 parts of melissa herb.
- Weak hair lotion: 3 parts of thyme, 3 parts of nettle leaves, 2 parts of grated burdock roots, 2 parts of nasturtium leaves, 1 part of Artemisia abrotanum.
In all three cases it is necessary to prepare very strong infusions which should be added to water to make a proper lotion.
Poultice Compress of Horse-Radish or Raphanus
Freshly grated raphanus prevents falling out of hair because it improves blood circulation in the scalp. Horse-radish also prevents hair loss and, in addition, it improves the regeneration of hair roots. Extract from raphanus is often used to produce various drugs for growing hair.
After using the poultice on your hair you should rinse your hair until the unpleasant smell is gone. After that, you may use one of the herbal lotions.
Nettle and Nasturtium Tincture
- To prepare the tincture use 1 part of fresh nettle leaves, 1 part of flower and leaves of nasturtium and 2 parts of alcohol.
- All blended ingredients pour into a bottle or a jar, close tightly and put it in the dark spot.
- The tincture is ready for use after 2 weeks.
How to Apply:
- Each time you take the exact amount you need for rubbing into hair and scalp.
- Comb your hair.
- Use it once a week, on the day before you wash the hair.
Hair Conditioning Oils
These are usually prepared on the basis of olive oil or sunflower seeds oil.
- Put 2 spoonfuls of mixed and blended herbs (with ethereal oils) into a bottle of 0.25 l. Pour 100ml of oil inside.
- Cork the bottle up and put it in the sunny spot. It usually takes up to three weeks.
- All this time you should shake the bottle carefully every day.
- After 3 weeks you should remove the herbs, filter the oil and then add another 2 spoonfuls of herbs to it.
- Repeat the procedure until the oil will have the strong herbal scent.
Conditioning oils should be used for rubbing hair before washing hair.
- Each time, oil should be left on hair, covered with damp towel, for about 30 minutes.
- After that wash hair with shampoo and rinse it after a few minutes.
- Repeat washing and rinsing.