Much like a bright smile, skin can help you make a good impression. Unfortunately, it’s tough to consistently create this good impression since our skin can be temperamental and demands a lot of attention, much like a child. And if you’re not nice to your skin, it will turn on you and give you a pimple the night before an important event.
So the best way to stay on your skin’s good side is to treat it nicely by giving it plenty of rest, nutrients and water. Of course, the basics don’t always fend off your skin’s bad behavior, so here are some natural beauty tips to get on your skin’s good side – and stay there!
Enjoy these all natural tips for skin, find out how to make your own natural moisturizers, cleansers and facial scrubs.
Skin Care Tips
- Natural skin care begins with a healthy diet. Fruits and vegetables are essential to healthy skin because they contain antioxidants and feed your complexion from the inside to help you maintain a youthful appearance. You also need fiber, which can be found in plenty of fruits and vegetables.
- Sleep on your back at night to avoid premature wrinkles that can form around your eyes due to lying on your side for extended amounts of time. It may take some getting used to, but the benefits of lying on your back while sleeping will also help you avoid back problems.
- Limit the amount of time you spend in the sun. Not only do you risk getting skin cancer by staying in the sun, but you are also speeding up the effects of ageing. While you’re outdoors, you should always wear a sun block lotion that contains an SPF of 15 or greater. Sunglasses should also be worn when you’re in the sun to prevent squinting from the brightness.
- Exercise is important for healthy complexion because it causes a domino effect on your daily routine. Getting 25 minutes of cardio a day can help you fall asleep at night, increase your energy levels, and strengthen your heart as well! Exercise will increase your blood flow, which feeds your skin the oxygen it needs to keep cells vital.
- Smoking and drinking may be fun for some people, but they both damage your complexion and can cause a variety of health issues. Drinking and smoking cause skin to age rapidly and isn’t good for the organs either. Additionally, smoking has been linked to certain cancers, while drinking can cause liver damage as well as fast weight gain. Read about negative effects of smoking for more information.
- Watch out for overly-powerful cleansers, and keep mild, non-detergent cleansers handy because they’re best for your complexion. Also note that your skin doesn’t need to be scrubbed entirely clean because the natural oils it produces help you combat aging and the development of blackheads, whiteheads, and other forms of acne. If you strip your skin of all nutrients, then you’ll have dry and irritated complexion. Stick with cleansers and soaps that are gentle or homemade with organic ingredients. It’s also a good idea to read the labels of your cleansers; look for cleansers that are pH balanced so that you can skip using a drying toner.
- Caffeine should be avoided because it keeps you awake at night and can cause dehydration. All of these things will appear on your skin in the form of dark circles, puffy eyes, and wrinkles because you’re not getting your beauty rest. Limit your consumption of caffeine so that you can drink more water and get more sleep!
- Don’t rub your skin dry with scratchy towels after showering because this can irritate your complexion, thus causing body or face acne. Pat your skin dry so that you don’t cause any problems and irritation.
- Use beauty treatments made from the earth. Organic ingredients give you organic results, and if you’re applying too many chemicals onto your skin, it can cause a backlog of issues like clogged pores and/or rashes. Look for products that don’t have an entire dictionary of ingredients, and steer clear of using petroleum jelly, mineral oil, and Vaseline on your face. Keep your skin care simple!
- Avoid using hot water because it irritates the complexion and can cause your oil glands to go into overactive duty, which involves the skin speeding moisture to the areas that become dry due to heat.
If you’re dealing with sun damaged skin, blemishes, discoloration and pigmentation you may want to check Obagi skin care products, check skin care products for damaged skin developed by leading brand.