From-the-Cupboard Face Cleaner
This is an easy face cleanser recipe for oily skin. You probably have all of the ingredients in your kitchen already, and if you don’t, it’ll only cost a few dollars to get the ingredients. Check your cupboards for baking soda, a small mixing bowl, and fresh lemon juice; tomato juice will also work well for this cleanser too.
- Take 2 tablespoons of baking soda and enough lemon or tomato juice to make a paste.
- Massage the paste gently onto your face, neck, arms, chest, or any other areas of your body that tend to be oily.
- Rinse the paste off by using warm water and avoid using overly-hot or too cool of water since these temperature extremes tend to irritate the skin.
Homemade Toner for Oily Skin
Adding a toner to your face routine can help maintain oil production on your face. The toner can soothe skin and aide in the cleanup of bacteria that may be left over after cleansing your skin. Toner also shrinks pores and helps to keep skin firm. Here is how you can make your own toner at home with natural herb essential oils:
- Combine 1 cup of witch hazel, 3 drops of palmarosa essential oil, 3 drops of Petitgrain essential oil, 3 drops of lemongrass essential oil, 3 drops of tea tree essential oil, and a single drop of rose geranium essential oil in a dark glass bottle.
- Shake the bottle up well to combine all of the ingredients. Let the bottle sit for a day so that the mixture melds together.
- Shake the bottle before saturating a cotton round with the toner and gently dab it over your face and neck areas.