There are some many skin care products to buy today, I’m sure that many of us wonder how much money we have to spend to have all the products we need for our beauty routine. That’s why today we are going to find out, how we can achieve the same results: moisturize, regenerate, rejuvenate and improve our skin’s condition – how to use herbs in homemade face mask recipes, you will love it!
You can find herbal, vegetable and fruit masks in luxurious spa salons, why do not go further and prepare some of them at home. Benefits are many, what I like is: they do not contain preservatives, artificial dyes and aromas but also are super cheap and easy to make!
Your skin will be happier when you’ll use all-natural face masks, made fresh, just when you need them! It’s still recommended to test them, to be sure that none of the ingredients causes any irritation/redness or other problem.
How to test it? Simply apply a small portion of the product to the inside of your wrist for several minutes, if it doesn’t cause any problem, for example, redness – you can apply the mask on your face.
When & How Often Should You Use Face Mask Treatment?
Evenings are the best for all kinds of skin care treatments when our skin perfectly absorbs all nourishing ingredients. It is important to carefully wash off all your makeup and apply skin peel product, to get rid of dead skin cells. Cleansed skin, will absorb all mask’s ingredients.
Spread the mask evenly over your face, neck and decolletage (avoid application on areas around eyes!)
Wash the mask off after around 15 minutes with water, dry the skin and if needed, apply skin care cream.
It’s not recommended to keep the left-overs of the mask for later use, because it loses its properties.
To prepare the homemade herbal mask you will need just a few minutes and ingredients that are simply saying, “cheap”, but used twice a week – will improve the look of your skin, soothe and brighten your complexion but also your face will feel cleansed the way you love.
Ok, enough of the small talk and let’s check some DIY skin care recipes for the skin of your face so you can finally enjoy some homemade skincare treatment at low cost.
Recipes for All-Natural, Homemade Face Masks
for oily skin: to mattify
- Add 2 spoons of boiling mineral water to 10 twigs of finely chopped parsley. Mix it until you will get nice mush.
- Mix it with 2 spoons of natural yoghurt.
Apply the mask for 15-20 minutes, cleanse your face with cool water or using skin toner.
for mature skin: to regenerate
- Prepare infusion made of a spoon of lady’s mantle flower and 3/4 glass of boiling water.
- Mix 3 spoons of dried wheat germs with a spoon of honey.
- Add a spoon of cooled infusion to the honey mush.
Apply the mask over your face, leave for 20 minutes. Wash off with water.
Chamomile and Pear
for dry skin: to refresh
- Peel the pear and remove the seeds and crush the pear to get nice mush.
- Add a teaspoon of honey and a spoon of chamomile infusion (1/2 of boiling water and 1 chamomile tea bag, keep undercover for 10 minutes).
Apply the mask over your face for 20 minutes. Wash it off with the rest of chamomile infusion.
Milfoil and Chamomile
for tired skin: to revitalize
- Grate one carrot. Beat egg whites until fluffy.
- Add 2 teaspoons of milfoil and 2 teaspoons of chamomile to the glass of boiling water, leave undercover for 10 minutes.
- Mix 2 spoons of cooled infusion with carrot and then mix it with the whipped egg whites.
Apply the mask over your face for 15 minutes. Wash off with the rest of the infusion.
for normal skin: to brighten
- Add 2 spoons of grounded flax-seeds to 4 spoons of hot mineral water and mix it carefully.
- Cover the glass with the mixture and leave it to cool down.
Apply the mask when the mush is slightly warm (not hot nor cold) over your face for 15 minutes. Wash it off with warm water.
Marigold and Peach
for sensitive skin: to soothe
- Peel the peach and remove the seed, crush the pulp.
- Mix it with 2 spoons of natural yoghurt and with one spoon of marigold flowers and leaves infusion (2 spoons for a glass of water).
- Mix it all.
Apply the mush over your face for 10-15 minutes. Wash it off with the rest of the infusion.
Nettle and Milk
for oily skin: anti-inflammatory properties
- Add 2 spoons of dried nettle leaves to the glass of boiling water.
- Mix it when it will cool down.
- Mix 2 spoons of oatmeals with 4 spoons of hot milk.
- Add as much of nettle leaves mixture as it’s needed to get not so dense mush.
Apply it over your face for 15 minutes and wash it off with warm water.
for mature skin: restores firmness
- Grind a spoon of horsetail and a spoon of oatmeals.
- Rub the powder into mush with 4 spoons of mineral water.
- Add a few drops of lime juice.
Apply the mixture over your face for 15 minutes, rinse off with water.
Enjoy shared DIY skin care recipes for homemade mask for your face, don’t forget to pin it and share with others! If you want to check some more face masks, check these diy simple face mask recipes and great homemade recipes to treat acne.