Home > 101 Tips for Face, Hair, Body, Hands & Feet
101 Beauty Tips and Tricks for Men
Think beauty is only important for women? Not in today’s world where more and more men are discovering the benefits of maintaining a healthy and attractive look.
If you’re a man who is in need of some quality beauty tips, we have more than enough advice to offer throughout this guide of 101 beauty tips and tricks for men - his face, mouth, hair, hands, feet, body and more, please enjoy reading!
Face: Shaving, Skin Care and more
- There is something mysteriously intriguing about a man with a five o’clock shadow, but for some men, it’s more like a five o’clock disaster. If your hair grows back in a weird way or is different colors, try to maintain your facial hair by keeping a clean-shaven face.
- Don’t be afraid to use concealer to hide any imperfections on your face - it’s not like you’re using lipstick, eye shadow, or blush. Everyone gets pimples, and everyone wants to hide them.
- Start using moisturizer every day to maintain healthy skin. Men and woman both get wrinkles, so there is no reason not to take care of aging skin.
- Start using facial cleansers for your face instead of using the soap you use on the rest of your body. You’ll have healthier skin as well as fewer breakouts.
- Having bags under your eyes is a sign of not getting enough rest, so get a full 8 hours of sleep to look fresh and bright in the morning.
- If you still have those irritating bags under your eyes, dab a little Preparation H under them. It works like magic!
- When you’re going to be exposed to the sun, wear sunglasses. Sunglasses prevent you from squinting, and potentially causing more wrinkles on your face.
- If you’re bold, you can wear a subtle oil-free foundation or translucent powder to keep the oil off of your face.
- When you are shaving your face, use a razor with a moisturizing strip so that you are less likely to have irritated skin when finished.
- While you want to keep the hair on your head growing, it’s preferable to keep hair from growing out of your nose. Use a specialized trimmer to keep your nose hair at bay.
- Your eyebrows are two separate patches of hair, and you should keep them apart by tweezing regularly. Just remember, unibrows are only attractive on dogs.
- Trim your eyebrows if they are big and bushy. Sometimes all you need to do is use a small pair of scissors to trim them down a little.
- While blackheads might be harder to notice than acne, they’re still noticeable close-up. So use nose strips to rid yourself of unsightly blackheads.
- Since you’re already using the trimmer, you might as well trim your ear hair in the process.
- The old saying, "Never stick anything bigger than your elbow in your ear," is completely wrong! Clean the wax out of your ears with a q-tip every few days.
- Eye cream moisturizers are great for reducing fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes. When applying eye cream, make sure to use your ring finger because it’s the weakest, and too much pressure causes more wrinkles.
- Get the blue eyes you’ve always wanted with colored contact lenses. Contacts have become some of the best accessories to this day, so don’t be ashamed to use them!
- Eye liner is becoming very popular in the male community, and it’s not considered gay anymore! Just a little liner can make your eyes pop.
- Using toner is a good way to rejuvenate your skin, and keep it oil-free. It comes in spray form, so all you need to do is spray a little on your clean face.
- If clean-shaven isn’t your look, at least maintain your beard or goatee. Before trimming it, use conditioner to soften the hair, dry it off, then begin trimming.
- After shaving, sometimes you’ll develop razor irritation - a.k.a. ingrown hair - that looks like acne. Obviously you want to prevent ingrown hairs, so be sure to shave with the hair instead of against it.
- In addition to shaving with your hair, you should also avoid using dull blades and take it slow when shaving so to prevent irritation or bleeding.
- Staying on the subject of sensitive skin, avoid products with lots of alcohol because they can cause even more irritation than not shaving correctly.
- In your haste to rush through shaving, sometimes you might miss a spot or two and not even notice it. Always do a thorough check after shaving, and/or keep a razor in the car to pick up missed spots.
- If you notice a few pimples starting to present themselves on your face, grab some toothpaste and dab a little on top of the new pimple to dry it out. Don’t forget to wash it off before you leave the house though!
- Skin care treatments are not exclusive to females, and with the growing innovation and ease-of-use of current facial treatments, the number of men using them grows daily. Now photo facial machines, like LED machines are finding their way into the homes of more and more men.
- One of the first things a person notices about you is your smile. And if they notice that your smile contains lots of cavities and food particles, you aren’t making a very good first impression! Brush, floss, and visit the dentist to keep your teeth healthy and debris-free.
- If you’re having trouble remembering to put chap stick on during the day, you can apply a liberal amount right before you go to sleep; this will help with the flakes and cuts we tend to get during the winter. Plus your lips will be plump and healthy when you wake up!
- While brushing and flossing your teeth regularly can go a long way to preventing tooth decay, sometimes it’s just not enough. Visit the dentist regularly as a backup in case you miss something while brushing.
- Along with keeping your teeth pretty, you should also ensure that your breath stays fresh. Carrying mints and/or gum around is the best way to avoid dragon breath.
- As everyone knows, brushing your teeth is a great habit to get into. But leaving toothpaste around the corners of your mouth is not! So when you get done brushing your teeth, make sure that there’s no crusty white residue around your mouth.
- Chapped lips are not only annoying, but they don’t exactly scream, ‘kiss me!” either. So keep chap stick on hand whenever the weather gets cold.
- White teeth isn’t only for girls these days - everybody should be striving for white teeth. Luckily, you don’t have to go to a dentist to brighten up your smile, you can just get some whitening products from the store and do it yourself.
- Next time you’re in the barber’s chair, ask for a hot oil treatment. Your hair will be shiny and pleasant to touch when you’re done!
- If your hair is starting to thin out on top and on the sides, use the appropriate products like Rogaine to maintain the hair that you do have.
- Sometimes hair re-growth products just don’t cut it, and you lose your hair anyways. When this happens, hair transplants are your best option for restoring hair.
- Few guys can pull off the shaggy, unkept hairstyle. Keeping this thought in mind, get your hair cut whenever it starts growing over your ears or turning into a mullet in the back.
- While using conditioner might seem like a good alternative when you’re out of shampoo, it will actually make your hair look even greasier than not washing. So don’t ever substitute conditioner for shampoo.
- Comb your hair! Even if you have short hair, it can look messy and unkept. Keep your hair from looking messy by running a comb through it after a shower.
- Sometimes your hair sticks up all over the place; to tame the strays, use a little hair spray and pat them back down.
- Choosing a shampoo that doesn’t leave a residue is essential. Shampoo residue clogs pores on the head, which can lead to scalp irritation or even acne.
- While you’re picking the perfect shampoo, look for a product that removes DHT (dyhydotestosterone). DHT causes hair to fall out by restricting blood flow to hair follicles, and will eventually leave you bald.
- Another important subject regarding shampoo is dandruff, or skin cells shedding on your scalp. If you’ve got a dandruff problem, you may have to switch to prescription strength shampoo.
- Despite what shampoo commercials suggest, never shampoo more than once a day. Shampoo strips your hair of essential oils, so over-shampooing can cause your hair to be dry and damaged.
- Even if you stick to shampooing once a day, it’s still a good idea to use conditioner. Conditioners moisturize, strengthen and repair your hair.
- If you happen to run out of shaving cream, you can always use some peanut butter to shave. Just remember to hold the jelly!
- If you’re completely bald on top, just shave your head. It will look classy, and ten times better than being bald with a few patches of hair does.
- Don’t be afraid to change your hair style. Most guys go and get the same hair cut year after year. Ask your stylist for a new and more current style to look fresh and interesting.
- If you have noticed your hair getting gray, use some hair dye to liven it up. A professional could easily do this for you if you’re afraid of messing something up.
- Even those who aren’t going gray can benefit from hair dye since it can provide a sexy, new look. Do some research on hair dyes by looking at reviews, and choose one that will give you the desired look.
- Use hair products. The kind you choose doesn’t normally matter as long as you’re using something like gel, pomade, or even moose.
- Keep those hair care products off of your hairline! Leaving gel or mouse on your skin can lead to pimples.
- Since the hands are the heart’s landscape, you need to take special care of them. No one wants dirty finger nails caressing their body, so make the trip to the nail salon and get a manicure at least once a month. It’s not like you have to get a full set of fake nails,…you’re just getting your nails polished so they look fresh and clean.
- When trimming your nails, make sure that they are consistent lengths, and that there are no pointy edges on the sides.
- Rough, callused hands are not pleasant to the touch or pleasing on the eye. To soften rough hands, soak them in warm water mixed with olive oil each day for 5-10 minutes.
- Another tip for keeping your hands from being rough and callused is wearing gloves in the winter. This is especially the case on cold windy days!
- Use lotion on your hands as frequently as possible to keep them soft and moisturized.
- One thing many people may not realize about hands is that they can develop sun spots and other nasty imperfections through over-exposure to the sun. Keep your hands out of the sun just like the rest of your body.
- There is nothing worse than cuddling with someone, and being attacked by their disgustingly long toenails. When you trim your toenails, do it when they are dry, use a large set of clippers, and don’t cut them so short that they’re painful!
- Another way to keep your feet from coming between you and a partner is to get a pedicure. If you don’t want to spend the money, you should think about purchasing a pumas stone and use it in the shower. Your feet work hard all day, every day, and they need to be taken care of like the rest of your body.
- Always make sure you wear clean socks. Smelly feet are one of the biggest turns offs, and this can easily be avoided.
- If you’ve been afflicted with the dreaded athlete’s foot, dry your feet frequently and put anti-fungal cream in between your toes.
- Most men have callused, rough heels because soft feet aren’t considered essential for men. But if you really want to have nice feet, you should soak your feet in warm water for 5-10 minutes, then use a file on them to reduce the roughness.
- Just because back hair is hard to shave doesn’t mean you have a green light to let it go unchecked. Buy an extended shaver specifically for back hair to make the process easier.
- Sunless tanning lotions aren’t only for female skin. Apply the lotion after you shower, and remember to wash your hands immediately after application.
- An obvious tip is to shower every day. When showering, use soap and water on every nook and cranny. It’s amazing how many people out there think that a shower consists of standing under the water for five minutes.
- Drink plenty of water because it will make your skin look healthier, and you younger.
- Whether or not you choose to completely shave your pubic hair is a personal choice; however, you should at least trim your pubic hair.
- While you’re in the barber shop, make sure they shave the back of your neck to prevent it from getting too hairy. Also, check the back of your neck in the mirror from time to time to ensure that it’s clean-shaven.
- If you tend to sweat a lot, try trimming your armpit hair. The less hair there, the less bacteria, which will make you smell much better!
- David Hasselhoff may have thought his chest hair was hot, but it’s definitely not. If you have what looks like a small animal on your chest, you should shave it off immediately.
- Those who have trouble keeping their body hair under control might want to consider hair removal treatments. Laser, electrolysis and waxing are three common methods for taking care of the problem.
- By exercising and eating healthy meals, you’ll gain more energy, and become a happier person all-around.
- One essential shower product you should always have is body wash. Body wash tones, moisturizes and softens your skin, which are three things that soap doesn’t always do.
- Never leave the house without first applying deodorant! Keep a stick in your car or locker at work if you tend to forget.
- If you don’t feel like sunless tanning lotion is doing the job for you, perhaps you should visit the salon and jump in a tanning bed.
- Don’t become a tanning addict. Tanning beds are great for getting a quick, streakless tan, but over-tanning can lead to wrinkly, leathery skin when you get older.
- Just like your face, your body needs to be exfoliated once a week so that you don’t get body acne. Find an exfoliating body wash at any drug store, and make sure you actually use it!
- Pay attention to the shoes you wear. You could have the most amazing outfit, but totally ruin it with dirty or mismatched sneakers.
- Wear clothes that actually fit you. It’s not only stupid to walk around holding your pants up, but it looks trashy too.
- Why do all of the work to keep good hygiene, then blow it by wearing dirty or poorly-pressed clothes? Wash your clothes on a regular basis and iron them if they’re wrinkly.
- Dress in colors that are flattering to your skin tone. If you have fair skin, it’s safe to say you shouldn’t be dressing in all black unless you’re going for a gothic look.
- Eye color can play a big role in what you choose to wear everyday. If you have blue eyes, you should try wearing blue and green more often to highlight one of your best features.
- If you have pets that shed, keep a lint roller on hand so that your clothes don’t look like they are growing fur.
- Don’t use undershirts as everyday outerwear. Undershirts are not to be worn alone because they instantly give off the wrong impression if worn in the wrong way.
- Wear socks that match your pants: Black pants = black socks. Brown pants = brown socks.
- Socks are relatively cheap and inexpensive. So why are people walking around with holes in their socks!? Case in point, only wear socks that are hole-free.
- Never wear socks with sandals. This is a cardinal sin of fashion!
- In warmer months, wear light colors in cotton fabrics because they absorb less heat, and will minimize your sweat stains.
- Sometimes men put the perfect outfit together only to ruin it with the wrong winter coat. So it’s important to find at least one good coat that goes well with your clothes.
- If you don’t own an iron, or just don’t like to iron, grab your clothes from the dryer as soon as they are done, and fold them right away. Wrinkles aren’t attractive!
- A couple sprays of cologne will do wonders for your aroma. Make sure to spray cologne on your pulse points like the necks and wrists to make it last all day. Check how to properly apply cologne.
- Just remembering to spray cologne on yourself isn’t enough; you also have to use good quality cologne. Avoid the cheap stuff and buy a high quality product that will keep you smelling great.
- Don’t smoke. Smoking gives you wrinkles around your mouth, makes your fingernails yellow, and gives you cancer. Nothing else needs to be said.
- Use products specifically for anti-aging. Whether you’re 22 or 52, it’s never too late to start using anti-aging products. Some of the best ones include Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Retinol (Vitamin A derivative) and green tea.
- If you’re looking to stay youthful for years to come, sunscreen is essential. Make sure you wear a sunscreen of SPF 30 or better.
- Some people see the cleanliness of your car as an extension of who you are. This is why it’s crucial that you keep trash picked up, and the car smelling good with air fresheners.
- Some people get locked into using the same brand for every grooming product they buy. But while one brand may work great for shampooing, the same brand may not be adequate for shaving. Diversify!
- Instead of keeping a wallet in your back pocket, put it in your front pocket! It seems like a lame idea, but it helps with the alignment in your back. Also, you are less likely to get mugged this way!
- Body odor, gas, and bad breath are often the cause of one thing: what you eat. So go easy on the onions and skip the garlic next time you eat out.
- Just because you’re not a princess doesn’t mean you have the right to slouch! Bad posture automatically gives people the impression that you’re insecure and uncomfortable with yourself. It also makes you look thinner, so remember stomach in, chest out, shoulders back, and head up.
- Body language is the most natural form of confidence, and you want to have body language that exudes strength and boldness. To practice good body language, set your feet about seven inches apart, with one a little in front of the other.
If you are a man or woman who enjoyed reading our "101 Beauty Tips and Tricks for Men", please do not forget to share it with your friends on Facebook or Twitter using our share buttons. You can share it also with people via Digg, Google Buzz or Delicious.