With so many Americans not following healthy diets, it’s no surprise that many of us aren’t getting the proper amount of vitamins and minerals. It also explains why acne is problem of teenagers and adults for long time and it seems to be getting more and more prominent.
As a matter of fact, there are vitamins that can help fight and prevent acne, and the best way to get them is to eat foods rich in vitamins. In this article, we’ll take a look at some of the best vitamins for acne you should look for in your diet.
It’s important to remember to take vitamins in natural form: fruits, vegetables etc.
Taking vitamins in pills may cause health problems especially if you more doses than you need.
One by One
Vitamin A, also known as beta-carotene or retinol, is very important for your skin, because when there is a deficiency, the skin tends to look dry and rough.
One should also consume Vitamin A along with Vitamin E, as the Vitamin A needs the fat that is found in Vitamin E in order for the body to properly digest it.
If you take Vitamin A in pills you have to be aware that too much of Vitamin A can cause: dry skin, hair loss and very bad headaches.
If you are taking Vitamin A and you have headaches you should try to lower the doses or stop taking it.
Foods Rich in Vitamin A:
- Liver: it contains great deal of Vitamin A. Choose a liver of any animal you want as all of them are rich in mentioned vitamin, however turkey liver is considered to be the best choice.
- Peppers: and the choice is yours – you can choose from paprika, red peppers, cayenne, chili.
- Carrots: just cook them or eat fresh, almost everybody loves them.
- Sweet Potatoes: great taste and great food!
- Kale: this green veggie has powerful antioxidant properties
- Squash: just bake it and you will love it!
- Lettuce: especially red one – great for salads
- Herbs: parsley, basil, marjoram or oregano
- Papaya: if you don’t like the taste of it (as many of us), consider preparing homemade juice and soon you may fall in love with it
Vitamin C (an antioxidant), known for its help in fighting against the common cold. Most forms of Vitamin C are not absorbed by the skin, but it can be found in a great variety of foods.
Foods Rich in Vitamin C
- Blackcurrant: you can find it easily in jams or juices.
- Guava: easy to find in Mexico, not so easy in colder countries.
- Strawberry: surely you love them, so why not to enjoy the taste and vitamins it offers?
- Pepers: you know already they are rich in Vitamin A and yes – they contain also great amount of Vitamin C.
- Kale: yes, this one is rich in Vitamin C and mentioned parapraph before – in Vitamin A.
- Spring Greens
- Brussels Sprouts: great in many ways.
- Broccoli: also great in many forms – cooked or even with omelet.
- Citrus fruits: oranges, lemons, grapefruits, limes, pears, etc.