As you grow old, freckles and dark sports may start arising. The skin tone changes with time and it does not remain as light as it used to be. Constant exposure to sun can also result in a darker complexion. These undesirable changes can be very frustrating if you are not ready to embrace them.
The good news is that you can lighten your complexion in natural ways. Restoring the natural glow of a weather-beaten skin is possible in easy ways.
Below you will find a compilation of useful natural skin whitening tips
Prepare a Natural Skin Lightening Cream
Lemon juice and egg white can be used to create a natural skin lightening cream at home.
- Take equal amounts of egg white and lemon juice.
- Mix these two and heat them on a small frying pan. Wait until the mixture turns semi-solid.
- Now remove the paste from the pan and keep it inside a jar. Let the jar cool down in a refrigerator.
- Apply the paste on your skin and wait until 15 minutes before rinsing.
It is very effective for removing sun tan. Use this cream every day until you get the desired skin tone.
Use Sunblock Regularly
One of the easiest ways to keep your skin fair and glowing is to use sunblock on a regular basis. Any moisturizer with an SPF of 15 or above can be used as a sunblock.
In the morning, wash your face and apply the moisturizer. The layer of moisturizer on your skin will protect you from sun for a long time. It will prevent undesirable changes in skin tone.
Also, sunblock prevents many other skin diseases caused by harmful ultraviolet rays. Age spots are most prominent in areas around your hands. So, remember to apply sunblock regularly in these areas.
Exfoliate at Least Once a Week
Get rid of dead skin cells by exfoliating at least once a week. Exfoliation is more important if your skin is developing dark spots, freckles and skin damages due to old age. Dead cell removal naturally lightens your skin complexion. The skin will also appear brighter as you continue with this practice for over a month.
- Take two tablespoons each of brown sugar and oatmeal and mix them with a quarter cup of milk.
- Thoroughly stir the mixture until you get a semi-solid paste.
- Start scrubbing your face slowly by using this paste. Be as gentle as possible. Scrubbing shouldn’t result in further skin damage.
- When you are finished with scrubbing, rinse your face with clean water and apply a moisturizer in the end.