Home > Hair Care > Hair Coloring > Hair Dyeing Tips
Hair Dyeing Tips
If it is difficult to believe it, you should quickly change your mind. Two of our readers share with you their secret ways of dyeing hair at home.
However, if you are looking for step-by-step guide on dyeing your hair, please enjoy our article: how to dye your hair at home: step-by-step guide.
Still, we recommend you reading great tips on hair dyeing, where you can find great amount of useful information on dying hair at home - easy solutions for common problems.
Tips from Experienced Women
Agatha has got long, dark hair
She dyes it every month. She hides some grey stripes in her hair this way. She does everything by herself because the price of this procedure at the hairdresser gives her a shock.
- Long hair should be pinned up while you put paint on it. That is why I have got a special set of pins and clasps to use only for this purpose.
- I always buy two packets of paint because one is never enough if you have some grey hair to cover.
- Firstly, I always put some paint onto hair re-growth. I pin up the rest of my hair up so I do not dye the whole bands of hair. This is particularly important if you only want to get rid of the re-growth part of your hair.
- Every second month I put paint onto the whole hair because I do not want to damage my hair too much. It is known that long bands of hair are susceptible to damage.
- After I put the paint on I take some time to relax. You should not try to clean your house then because you may easily dirty your things around. It happened to me once I had to use a very strong cleansing powder to get rid of the dirt then.
- Before dying hair I always put my contact lenses on. It is easy to dye your glasses. To cover your grey hair you need to use paint. I tried a colouring shampoo once but it was no good for my grey hair.
- After dying hair I rinse it very thoroughly. Water should be clean otherwise the paint may dirty your clothes. Moreover, the paint itself will stay on your hair not for long.
- Just after putting the paint on, I comb my hair. I am certain then that the paint is evenly distributed all over my hair.
Emma – blond, often changes her hairstyle
She is always looking for her ideal hair colour. She makes it fair or dark or just leaves some lighter strings. She does not want to waste time to visit the hairdresser that often.
- I always start the process of dying hair from reading the instruction carefully. I like experimenting with colours and with different products. I got disappointed once when I used the well-known paint. I never change the time of dying, I try to stick to the tips in the instructions.
- I never dye my hair just before I need to go out. It is more sensible to do it a few days before. You should not be in a hurry then. Or else the results may be unpleasant.
- Even if I like changes, I never dye my hair more often than once a month. In the meantime, I’d rather use other kinds of products for refreshing colour, e.g. with chamomile oil, instead of damaging hair with stronger cosmetics.
- I never dye my hair if it is dehydrated or damaged. The effect is awful in such cases. Firstly, it better to nourish it and get it more strength.
- If you dye your hair to a fair shade, it is easier to change it in case you do not like the final effect. You should not try this too often, though, because if you put some paint on the coloured hair, it would not stay long.
- Immediately after putting the paint onto my hair, I carefully clean my scalp. You should not wait with this because if you do, you may have some problems with cleaning your skin afterwards.
- If my hair is short I put the paint with a toothbrush. It is much quicker and more precise this way.
If you want to know how to dye hair step by step, please don't forget to check our how to dye hair at home : step-by-step guide, and share our hair dyeing tips with your friends.