Use Foundation as Concealer
Not all foundations are able to cover acne scars completely, but most can camouflage them with the help of concealer or tinted foundation makeup primer.
If you’re fresh out of concealer here is what you do:
- Apply your foundation per usual using your preferred method.
- Then use a small amount of your foundation as if it were a concealer, and dot it onto the areas you wish to conceal.
- Wait a few seconds to let the foundation dry a little before blending it out. And be gentle so as to not wipe away the foundation you’ve already applied.
- Finish the application by using a pressed or loose powder on any areas you’ve concealed, and again, be gentle with the powder because you don’t want to move the foundation off of the areas you’re trying to cover up. Use a big fluffy brush or a makeup pad to gently press the powder onto the concealed areas.
- Then continue adding the powder to the rest of your face to help foundation last longer.
Hide your Age
Keep your youthful appearance by using foundation makeup! It’s no secret that we sometimes age a little faster than we want, and with age spots or pesky pores, you can seem older than you are. Foundation can mask the age spots, leaving you with an even color, and it can also minimize pores as well.
Better yet, cosmetic companies are identifying women’s needs by offering foundations and concealers with extra moisturizers, and anti-aging ingredients built right into the products. Revlon Age Defying Foundation and Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Foundation (and concealer) are a couple of these products.
When to Apply
For the most rewarding foundation application, apply your makeup after you’ve cleansed, exfoliated, toned, moisturized and primed your face. All of these steps are important so that you’re not applying makeup foundation onto dirt, debris, oils, dead skin or bacteria; these unpleasantries cause skin irritations like clogged pores that lead to pimples.
Not using proper skincare can also leave you with blotchy foundation, and can even make you look worse than when you started! It’s also important not to use foundation to make yourself appear tan because you’ll look unnatural.